Final Reflection

 "Read through your own posts and write a reflection on how your ideas might have expanded or changed, what you take away from the course, and suggestions for our upcoming Inquiry 2 course together in January-February!"

  After reading through my blog posts, I see that I have learned a lot in a couple months. I feel grateful for the reading resources that have been provided and suggested for us. I appreciate the time for reading and writing to reflect on the subject matter. We have learned practical strategies from our SAs and FAs and  an array of teaching techniques from our other professors. But this course has enlightened me with the power of reflection, passion, and inquiry. 

I used to be a strong and enthusiastic writer in elementary school but I felt my strengths were better suited for math and science. Ever since, I have shied away from writing opportunities. This course has given me the push needed to rediscover my love of writing and expression. I saw my writing get better with each blog post and my understanding of the topic grow deeper. I remember each paper we were assigned to read because I wrote about it in my reflections. While writing, I connected the topics to my own life and experiences. I want to use this technique in my own classroom one day. I want the students to have their own journals where they have the freedom to write and reflect on the topics of the day. Hopefully, unlike me, they will keep science, math, and creativity connected through their writing. 

For Inquiry 2, I would like to keep reading interesting articles and papers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrance Slip: Learning the Grammar of Animacy

Entrance Slip: On Becoming A Reflective Teacher