Exit Slip: Where i am at

 

 My Topic for my Literature Review:

Meta analysis of overall outcomes from cooperative group work in different settings.

PowerPoint presentation:

Each slide gives a short summary of a paper's case study analyzing cooperative group work. Variables include: Size of groups, types of students, class size, type of activity/project, duration of activity, subject. Overall outcomes are accuracy/marks, motivation, participation, timing, and organization.  

 Life Resources: 

Exit slip Surveys from a Science 10 Honors class (20 students) at New Westminster Secondary: Question prompts on class collaboration through group projects. 

Teacher candidate example:

Use EPSE 308/311 as an example of collaboration online. Does it work for you? 

My own example:

Talk about the irony of doing this inquiry project as an individual. I have full control of what I want to explore but it is hard to find my limits of what I want to discuss. Could this meta analysis have been better put together if I had been working in a pair? During my investigations, I found myself discussing my inquiry project a lot with my School Advisor. I asked many questions while he answered questions and made suggestions. I found myself seeking the partner I didn't have. I was seeking someone to discuss my ideas. For better understanding, I needed to talk with others about my project. I needed to hear the dialogue aloud and I needed consistent feedback to refine my thoughts. 

Class example/ Inactive activity:

How about for yourselves? Some of you decided to work in groups of 3 or 2. Some decided to work alone.

Have students go into break out groups. All students should be separated from their inquiry groups and have discussions on the pros and cons of working in the groups of 1,2 or 3. 

Question prompts:

How was the motivation of your group?

Did everyone participate evenly?

Were you able to finish your inquiry effectively on time?

How was your organization of the project? What role did each group member play?

Do you think you could have done a more meaningful job if you had been on your own or in a group?

Do you want to continue the inquiry project as is?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrance Slip: Learning the Grammar of Animacy

Entrance Slip: On Becoming A Reflective Teacher